Bupivacaine Injection IP
Bupivacaine is a long acting local anaesthetic agent that belongs to amide group & injection is sterile, non-pyrogenic, isotonic, single dose container. It contains an amide linkage between the aromatic nucleus and the amino or piperidine group.
It blocks the generation and the conduction of nerve impulses, by increasing the threshold for electrical excitation in the nerve, by slowing the propagation of the nerve impulse, and by reducing the rate of rise of the action potential.
Bupivacaine can have both stimulating and depressing effects on CNS & can fluctuate cardiac conduction.
Bupivacaine HCL injections are indicated for:
- Infiltration anesthesia (Percutaneous infiltration) for oral surgery like dental surgery
- For diagnosis & therapeutic procedure
- Obstetrical procedures
- Epidural, caudal & spinal anesthesia
- Relief for pain in labour
- Retrobulbar block & sympathetic block
Product variants & features
|BUPICAN||5 mg/ml, 2.5 mg/ml||10/20/50 ml Vial, 10/20/50 ml Vial|
|BUPICAN HEAVY||5 mg/ml||4 ml Glass amp.|